What is an Albumin Fusion Protein?
Albumin fusion protein technology is becoming an important tool for the delivery of therapeutic peptides and proteins. In the Albumin fusion protein, Albumin is genetically fused with a therapeutic partner resulting in a contiguous protein that has an extended circulatory half-life while retaining therapeutic activity.
What is the function of an Albumin Fusion Protein?
The fused Albumin-drug compound can assist with the drug’s delivery and extend the half-life of a protein drug as a fusion partner, whilst maintaining its activity. In order to support the rising production of a wide range of recombinant albumin fusion proteins, an affinity matrix has been developed that is highly stable, robust, non-toxic and provides high binding capacity, recovery and purity: AlbuPure®.
Developed in partnership with Albumedix and manufactured exclusively by Astrea Bioseparations Ltd (Astrea), is a high-performance affinity chromatography adsorbent that is highly stable, robust and non-toxic providing high binding capacity, recovery and selectivity for albumin fusion proteins.
AlbuPure® combined with Albumedix’ Veltis® expression technology provides a complete albumin fusion purification package, available in a variety of formats to suit application and scale required.
Key features of AlbuPure®:
- Suitable for a wide range of recombinant albumin fusion proteins
- Novel synthetic triazine ligand
- Excellent flow properties
- High dynamic binding capacity
- Robust and long life adsorbent
- Sanitizable using Sodium Hydroxide
- Colourless ligand
- Easy to pack
- Manufactured to ISO9001 accredited standard
- Single batches produced of up to 275 litres
- Supported with a comprehensive Regulatory Support File (includes leachables and extractables)