What are Evolve® BioProcess Columns?
The Evolve® Column and accessory range is exclusively provided by Astrea Bioseparations Ltd.
The Evolve® Column product range consists of seven cost effective, ready-to-use bioprocess columns (70, 100, 140, 200, 250, 350 and 450 mm diameter) providing high performance, easy to use, low maintenance, scalable technology with excellent flow distribution to support bioprocess downstream applications.
A unique ‘semi-disposable’ feature is the ability to change out all wetted parts easily and cost effectively through the use of ‘refresh kits’, thereby eliminating the risk of contamination and costly cleaning validation.
Evolve® columns are supplied with:
- Manual: operating instructions, material conformity, chemical compatibility and pressure flow curves
- Tool kit: torque wrench, spanners, Allen keys, spirit level & seal tool
- Connection kit: adaptors, clamps, seals and sealing rings
- Spares kit: adaptor/ flow tube seals, bed support assembly & adjuster flow tube
Evolve® Columns provide:
- Ready-to-use with full tool kit and accessories
- High performance (4 bar pressure rating)
- Cost effective & scalable technology
- Efficient flow distribution (flowrates up to 1000 cm/h)
- Easy to use & low maintenance
- Pharmaceutical grade acrylic column with non-metallic flow path (no corrosion)
- Conforms to both FDA & USP VI requirements
- Compatible with extensive range of chemicals
Evolve® Column – disposable approach
The Refresh Kit allows for a complete refresh on all the wetted parts of your Evolve® Column.
- Hygienic – Prevents cross contamination between multiple protein applications & eliminates he need to prove clearance of previous product & validation.
- Economical – Significant cost savings in comparison to purchasing a complete new column.
Refresh Kit Contents
The Refresh Kit includes all the accessories & parts, along with an extensive operating manual, to successfully replace all the wetted components. The example below represents the 70, 100 & 140 mm diameter columns.